THE PROFILE OF ISLAMIC LAW FACULTY
Praise be to the lord of all worlds. Prayers and peace be upon our prophet, Muhammad, his family, and all of his companions.
Islamic law faculty as a branch of a national higher education institute envisions to become a leading prestigious faculty that provide quality education, research opportunities, and excellent service delivery under laws of the country and respecting national and Islamic values for the student at the national level and to train professional cadres based on the needs of the job-oriented market.
In addition to the two departments (Jurisprudence and law, and Islamic studies), the Faculty is striving to add new departments, including Islamic culture, Qur’anic interpretation, and belief and philosophy. Also, Islamic law faculty will start the night program next to it. In addition to employing new faculty members and implementing their scientific promotions, the faculty will attempt on improving the quality of teaching, conducting scientific research and presenting conferences and seminars, modernizing curriculum, strengthening the credit system, building the capacity of professors and staff, and providing the necessary educational and technological facilities for Students, library development will be part of our scientific activities.
Our effort will be student-centered to provide a better and newer teaching system and have an upgraded system.
Assistant Professor Sayed Asif Hashimi
Dean of Islamic Law faculty, Ghazni University
Contact Number: 0790202424
The Islamic law faculty of Ghazni University is an academic institution established in 2013 as a result of the concerted efforts of the scholars of this era and leadership of the University. Since the establishment of this institution, it has already provided valuable services in the field of education of the country’s scientific and judicial cadres.
This faculty has always been acclaimed by the high-ranking officials and deserves to receive letters of appreciation from both inside and outside the country. Once upon a time, this institution has been able, through the efforts of its faculty and administration, to be the most effective means of responding to the legal and judicial issues of society. Islamic law faculty which has two Departments (Jurisprudence and law, Islamic studies) graduated four rounds of students from these departments.
The faculty has a total number of 12 academic cadres. Ten of them have obtained their master’s while two of them are currently pursuing their Ph.D.’s outside of the country. Islamic law faculty has two administrative staff (Academic Registrar and Executive Director). However, we do not have any female staff yet, but, according to the faculty’s strategic plan, in the next five years we will be hiring four female instructors.
As of 2016, we have graduated about 497 students of whom about 44 are female. 316 students from the Islamic studies department and 181 students from Jurisprudence and Law department. Currently, in 2020 Islamic law faculty has a total of (265) students of which (227) are male and (38) are female.
Islamic law faculty has an equipped small specialized library which has the capacity of 5000 books. Currently, there are about 1300 books from the fields of interpretation of the Holy Qur’an, Hadith, Islamic law, jurisprudence, and Arabic rules in Dari, Pashto and Arabic languages.
In 2018, the faculty, as a pioneer institution in legal clinical education, established its legal clinic which enables students to get actively involved in legal cases and to provide them the opportunity for applying their legal knowledge into practice.
Since its establishment, without any external support, it has held moot courts, supplemental courses, practical training in criminal law, civil law, and commercial law both by the faculty professors and guest instructors.
Islamic law faculty envisions to become a leading prestigious faculty that provide quality education, research opportunities, and excellent service delivery under laws of the country and respecting national and Islamic values.
Islamic law faculty’s mission as a branch of a national higher education institute is to provide quality education and research opportunities for students at the national level and to train professional cadres based on the needs of the job-oriented market.
The Islamic Law faculty of Ghazni University has trusted on a series of important values to formulate and set goals, meet the expectations of the Islamic community, and put these values at the lead of its work. The alignment of values leads the Islamic community, especially the academic community, to the great path of prosperity. The most important values
• Faith, commitment, expertise, and meritocracy.
• Innovation in research and education activities.
• Focus on quality in all dimensions and levels.
• Emphasizing and resolving issues through council inputs.
• Providing academic services to students and other applicants in the best possible way.
• Preparing the field of student talent development and capabilities.
• Providing the fields for the professors' scientific development.
• Providing a master’s degree course and a doctorate for professors.
• Providing modern equipment for faculty education.
• Improve the level of analytical and research capabilities of faculty and students.
• Promote scientific and research activities tailored to faculty departments.
• Developing and enriching the library to respond to research needs in a variety of ways.
• Create an appropriate research area for each faculty professor.
• Maintaining the religious and social standing of the faculty.
• Providing background for the establishment of the faculty with other scholars in the Islamic countries and recognized universities in the Islamic world.
• Developing scientific and research collaboration across the country.
• Find solutions to new issues based on inference.
• A response by the conditions and the custom to the people's questions on issues that are not explicitly mentioned in them.
- Dedicated goals
• Education of dedicated and specialized cadres in the judiciary, prosecutors, and defense lawyers.
• Education of competent academic cadres in the field of Islamic sciences and law.
• Education of missionaries and religious enlighteners.
• Collection of modern theories in the field of humanities, economics, and Islamic banking.
• Conduct extensive scholarly research on Islamic law, history, and civilization.
• Education of the necessary cadres for the education sector
Although the strategic plan of Islamic law faculty’s according to his vision, mission, and values pursue various long-term goals, the main future points can be mentioned here:
- To standardize the academic and administrative activities of the faculty with the criteria set by the Ministry of Higher Education and finally to obtain the accreditation document of the Ministry of Higher Education.
- Changing the Faculty into a better educational and research environment.
- Creating new capacities and building the capacity of the faculty members.
- More attention in the infrastructure sector and the providing of better services and updating of teaching methods.
- Participation in the social and cultural affairs of the society concerning the opportunities involved.
- Activation of the journal of the faculty and strengthening of publications.
- en/introduction-islamic-studies-departmentTHE INTRODUCTION OF THE ISLAMIC STUDIES DEPARTMENT